Brodart offers one scholarship covering the costs of attending Super Conference for a working
professional who has not previously attended.
FOR FIRST NATIONS LIBRARIANS
Brodart is offering two scholarships to cover the costs of First Nations librarians attending Super
FOR FIRST-TIMER TECHNICAL SERVICES LIBRARIAN/WORKER
Brodart offers one scholarship covering the costs of attending Super Conference for a technical services
professional who has not previously attended.
FOR ACADEMIC LIBRARIAN/WORKER
Two scholarships are available to cover the costs of attending Super Conference for
academic library professionals who have not previously attended.
Scholarship Application (PDF) -
Accepting applications until January 25th
FIRST NATION LIBRARY WORKERS
First Nation librarians or any First Nation library worker may attend Super
Conference for $110. This includes a one year membership in OLA.
Please complete the on-line registration form here (coming soon).
Contact OLA at 1-866-873-9867 for details.
Ontario Library Service North/OLA SCHOLARSHIPS
FOR NORTHERN PUBLIC LIBRARIANS
The Northern Ontario Library Service Board and the Ontario Library Association are pleased
to announce subsidies for attending the OLA's Super Conference. These two organizations are joining
together to send two library staff members from the north who have never attended the conference
before and would be unable to attend without assistance. The subsidy will cover the cost of
registration, travel, accommodation and meals. / Le Conseil du Service des Bibliothèques de
l'Ontario - Nord et l'Ontario Library Association sont heureux d'annoncer des subventions pour
assister à la Super Conférence de l'OLA. Ces deux organisations se combinent pour envoyer deux
membres du personnel des bibliothèques du Nord qui n'ont jamais assistés à la conférence auparavant
et qui seraient incapables d'y assister sans cette aide. La subvention couvrira le coût
d'inscription, les frais de voyage, l'hôtel et les repas.
To apply for this subsidy, please send a letter to Leanne Clendening at OLS - North through e-mail
to email@example.com or by fax at (705) 675-2285. / Pour présenter une demande pour cette
subvention, veuillez envoyer une lettre à Leanne Clendening au SBO-Nord par courriel à
firstname.lastname@example.org ou par télécopieur au (705) 675-2285.
The letter should indicate three goals that you feel attending the conference would help you meet
and an indication of why you would not be able to attend without this help. Applications will be
received until January 10, 2010. / La lettre doit indiquer trois objectifs que vous estimez
qu'assister à la conférence vous aidera à accomplir et une indication du pourquoi vous ne seriez pas
capables d'y assister sans cette aide. Les candidatures seront acceptées jusqu'au 10
The OLA conference will be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, February 24 - February 27, 2010 and
OLS-North will assist the successful applicants with making their travel and accommodation
arrangements. / La conférence de l'OLA sera tenue au Metro Toronto Convention Centre les 24 fevrier - 27
fevrier 2010 et le SBO-Nord aidera les candidats choisis à faire leurs arrangements pour le voyage
et réservations d'hôtel.
The OLA Board of Directors has established a modest travel fund to ensure members of the association have opportunities to participate in OLA programs despite geographical barriers.
The fund is to cover travel costs, that when reasonably purchased would exceed $500. Some exceptions may apply and are at the discretion of the OLA board to approve.
Disbursement is not to exceed $1,500. The annual number of disbursements to recipients will vary and are based on the annual budget situation of the association.
Guidelines for application:
- The recipient requires the travel subsidy because they are situated in an area in Ontario from which travel to the OLA program is costly.
- Recipient must be a member of OLA.
- Members may receive the travel subsidy once only.
- Recipients must consider reporting or communications about the event attended such as a report to their local organization, a submission to an OLA publication, online correspondence, etc. The means of reporting is at the discretion of the recipient.
- The members’ organization is unable to cover the cost of travel.
- The member must provide an estimate of travel expenses as part of the application procedure.
- The recipient may arrange for direct billing to OLA through OLA’s travel agency, or initially cover cost and submit all receipts for reimbursement.
Upon meeting the above conditions, the recipient is selected by lottery.
In most situations, OLA will provide complimentary registration to the OLA program to further offset costs (for example, the annual Super Conference).
Send an email with the subject heading “Application for the OLA Travel Fund’ to:
With the following information:
• The OLA program you wish to attend (please apply a minimum of three weeks in advance of the event)
• Complete contact details
• Estimate of travel expense
We will confirm confirmation of email.
PUBLIC LIBRARY TRUSTEES
• There are five subsidies available for first-timer public library trustees who live a costly distance from Toronto. The subsidies range from covering part to all of the costs for attendance. Visit OLBA’s website for more details. Deadline for applying is November 15.
• Two for one: free registration is available to trustees new (since the last conference) to library boards when registered with a trustee from the same board.
• “Block” registration. Boards that register four or more trustees receive a two for one registration deal (i.e.register four, pay the equivalent of two registrations).